Become an Ambassador
PMINL is focused on expanding our stakeholder network outside of the St. John’s metropolitan area. St. John’s is a bustling city full of exciting projects; however, these type of projects are being initiated province wide, from the Burin Peninsula to the Torngat Mountains. The Ambassador role will help PMI support these projects and increase our province-wide presence. A few details around this new ambassador role are:
- Must be chapter member volunteers physically located in the region
- Act as community hubs for all things Project Management within their region.
- Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Act as a mentor for new or existing project and program managers in your region
- Host coffee break sessions (virtual or in-person) for those aspiring project managers
- Regularly engage with PMINL Executives to stay informed
- Promote the Chapter and engaging local organizations for Partnership and Sponsorship opportunities
- Work with academic institutions and not-for-profits to support the community
- Enlist further PMINL members and volunteers to expand the region’s presence
- Other initiatives that you feel passionately about which align with PMINL’s values and goals
- Expectations are flexible, but aim to spend 1-2 hours each week with this role
- Benefits of being a PMINL Ambassador are:
- Experience managing stakeholder groups and demonstrating tangible organization growth through enlisting local members
- Evolve the Chapter’s regional strategy (working with Director of Outreach)
- Gain experience as a mentor and brand ambassador for a growing not-for-profit enterprise
PMINL has divided the province into the following regions to help provide a focused and tailored approach to each area’s needs and membership potential. They are as follows:
- Grand-Falls Windsor
- Corner Brook
- Port aux Basques
- Rocky Harbour / Norris Point
- Various locations in Labrador: Goose Bay, Labrador, Nain, etc.
If you are located in a region not mentioned, please reach out as we are happy to support all areas of Newfoundland and Labrador with your help.