How to Join
for your interest in the Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI). Below are the quick steps to join or renew with our organization. If you have any questions or comments beyond what this page offers, please feel free to contact us. We look forward to seeing you at our events and helping you maximize your Project Management opportunities.
- Must be a member of the Project Management Institute.
How to JoinStep 1. Become a PMI Member
- The PMI offers 3 types of membership options – Individual Member, Student Member, and Retiree Member. Click here to learn more about each type of PMI membership. Identify the type of membership you are seeking and follow the online process as instructed. When you apply for membership with PMI, you can join PMINL at the same time or as a separate transaction. (Note: PMI is also very good at walking you through this over the phone.)
- After you have created your account, make sure to check back frequently and utilize the full benefits of what PMI has to offer. You can also keep your profile up to date at the following web address https://my.pmi.org/
Step 2. Become a Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter Member
- If you have not established an account on the PMI website please revisit Step 1.
- To join the PMI Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter, you must register and pay your fees through PMI.org directly. Your Membership records will be updated and the Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter will be notified of your membership. To pay your fees visit the following link (below) and follow the PMI Marketplace instructions. (Note: The annual Chapter membership fee for each type of membership varies. Student membership is open to any student enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited or global equivalent, college or university)http://www.pmi.org/Get-Involved/Chapters-PMI-Chapters.aspx
Step 3. What you can expect after registering
- After you join PMI you can begin utilizing online resources, customer support, or subscribing to a rich genre of information. To get an idea of those benefits, please visit:
- After you join the PMINL Chapter, you will automatically be added to the Newfoundland & Labrador Chapter roster. You may begin using your benefits and your PMI Member # almost immediately to save money when registering for events, becoming a part of the local PM Community, or networking with other local area members.
- IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you have any questions about membership validation, or about PMINL in general, please contact us.
How to Renew
Renewal is just as easy.
To be proactive, PMI Newfoundland & Labrador recommends renewing 30-60 days before your membership expiration. All you need to do is
- Log-in to https://my.pmi.org/ and renew your membership.
- Follow the Step 2 above and add it to your shopping cart while in the PMI Market place.
(Note:PMI has incorporated a shopping cart format, and will show your PMI Membership renewal, as well as the renewal for any component groups or SIGs in which you are involved. When you are all done your receipt will show in your “My Orders” section on PMI.org.
It is that easy… and you retain all the benefits of your PMINL Membership such as: Dinner meeting discounts, guest speakers, special events, PMINL news, volunteer opportunities, PDU discounts, professional development training opportunities, and much more! Don’t miss out! Keep your edge!