Director of Outreach (2-year Term)
Director of Outreach
Director of Outreach is elected for a 2-year term. This position is responsible for increasing the exposure and awareness of PMI®NL to relevant associations in Newfoundland & Labrador in accordance with the Chapter bylaws and policies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with corporate entities, academic institutions, (local colleges and universities), and other professional associations in an effort to promote awareness of the Chapter in the community
- Plan and execute outreach program(s) to promote project management in the community
- Plan and execute programs in academic institutions to foster student interest in project management
- Liaise with other professional associations to develop and execute programs that promote the image of the Chapter and project management as a profession.
Qualification to Fill the Role
- Friendly, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Experience in developing and implementing educational and/or outreach programs
- Must be a member in good standing of PMINL for the duration of the elected term
Must-Have Skill Set Needed
- Training, education, certification, or experience demonstrating in depth knowledge of outreach strategies and tools
- Proven organizational and project management/coordination skills, including the ability to build and lead effective work teams and manage a diverse array of projects/tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with diverse partners and audiences
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills to collaborate tactfully and effectively with community organizations
- Proficient in office management tools (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, Google applications including Gmail).
- Previous experience on a Board of Directors
- Previous experience with a non-profit corporation
- Previous experience in a volunteer position
Nominations will be accepted from September 22 to November 5, 2020 (5 pm NL time).